Natural Stain Application
STAGE 1 – PREPRATION OF SURFACE
- HOW : Lightly sand the surface with a 60 grit sanding disk. Clean all debris
PURPOSE : Removes excess texture and ensures chemical bond
STAGE 2 – APPLICATION OF NATURAL STAIN
- HOW : Using fine pump sprayer, spray light coat of Pre Stain Base on to surface and avoid large drops. Work in 2 man teams side by side(1 with Pump Sprayer and 1 with HVLP). For concrete surfaces spray thin coats with HVLP.
PURPOSE : Ensures chemical reaction of Natural Grain effect
- HOW : While still wet apply Pre-Stain Color (Pre-Stain Base and Pre-Stain Activator combined, always stir the contents, avoid shaking) with an HVLP, airless sprayer with tip size 17, or a sprayer that is capable of atomizing liquids. (DO NOT ALLOW PUDDLING)
PURPOSE : Do not shake to avoid in container reaction. No puddles for even color, must spray with low pressure for a pigment reaction
- HOW : Move across area from left to right as you work your way down the surface, avoid missing any areas of the surface. Avoid stepping in Natural Stain
PURPOSE : Ensures the finish and color stay consistent
- HOW : The Natural Stain will then begin to dissipate and as the product forms to the contours of the X-Bond surface.
PURPOSE : Chemical reaction creates the Natural Grain look
- HOW : After drying, check if any area requires touch up. If necessary, lightly fog Pre-Stain color over areas that require touch up
PURPOSE : Ensures a nice finish