SEMCO Modern Seamless Surface is a Surface Engineering Company. SEMCO is the industry leader in developing surfacing products for floors, walls, decks and waterproofing. Our products are used by thousands of commercial and residential customers worldwide. SEMCO provides a customized approach to resurfacing that ensures that the final product will be not only durable, but also beautiful – a true modern, seamless surface, built to last.
Free snacks and coffee and Friday team building lunches. Equity, health, vision and dental insurance for families, and a flexible vacation policy.
Your Contribution Matters
We value the creative process and our employees’ opinions — input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. We want to work with people who are driven and demonstrate initiative in taking our mission to the next level.
The Working Life
At SEMCO, everyone works hard but also takes the time to enjoy life outside of the office. Balance is important to us.
It Won’t Be Boring
Try new things. Think outside the box. We celebrate an environment that fights stagnation and challenges the status quo.
Interested in this position?
Tell us why you want to work at SEMCO and what we should know about you.
SEMCO believes in building a safe work place and celebrates that which makes us human, welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proud to foster diverse perspectives within SEMCO as we continue to build an inclusive culture.
SEMCO Modern Seamless Surface has an amazing opportunity for an Administrative Assistant, who is responsible for a variety of office functions, including assisting clients, telephone answering, and reception..
Responsibilities, Functions and Duties
- Greeting and answering clients in a polite and professional manner
- Maintaining the cleanliness and organize the supplies and tools for project
- Must attain general knowledge about SEMCO products
- Utilize Microsoft Office skills such as: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Maintaining paperwork and arranging appointments for SEMCO projects
- Filing physical documents and digital files (Dropbox)
- Implementing SEMCO standards in office and in the field
- Ability to complete and prioritize tasks in a timely manner
Skills, Qualifications and Abilities
- Ability to learn and understand the vision and expectations of the owners of the company
- Ability to implementing SEMCO standards in office and in the field
- Excellent telephone skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills. Ability to manage time to meet commitments, project deadlines, and customer schedules
- Proactive problem-solving skills and interest in taking ownership for one’s work. Ability to keep colleagues and supervisors informed in a timely manner
- Proficient in the operation of basic office equipment and knowledge of basic office procedures
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English both written and verbal. Understanding of Spanish will be extremely helpful
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, and employees.
- Ability to handle a multitude of tasks and prioritize effectively
- High level of accuracy in handling detail work
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Valid driver’s license
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Two or more years of experience working in organize / coordinate and/or customer service position
Work Environment and Hours
- Full Time position. Work days will be from 8-10 hours per day with some early, weekend, and/or late evening meetings
- Work will be in a somewhat climate-controlled office environment
- The production and training facilities will be noisy on occasions
- SEMCO is located in Las Vegas, NV